Royal Lancaster London
The Royal Lancaster London has one of the most coveted locations in London, with breathtaking views across Hyde Park. With its radical transformation this hotel is set to become one of London’s most acclaimed. It has been a pleasure working with the hotel and their excellent team, refitting over 400 rooms and suites to an exceptional level of detail, craftsmanship and design.
- CDP elements – All Joinery, Fire Alarm, Marble and Stone (not flooring granite)
- M and E Coordination, Data & IT.
- Project Duration – 17 month project.
- Roof works – New Triflex system/New AHUs x 2. Removal of concrete tank room.
- New structural steel and installation of 40 new condensers.
- 19th floor – New lift extension from 18th to 19th (7 lifts). New boiler room. Demolition of all walls and removal of existing pipework and plant.
- 18th floor. Full demolition and rebuild. Executive floor.
- 17th,16th and15th floors. Full demolition and rebuild. Executive floors.
- 14th- 3rd floors. Full bathroom and corridor walls demolition and rebuild.
- Floors 17 -11 complete (Phase 1)
- Floors 10- 3 being (Phase 2)
- Mechanical services include: new ventilation system, new VRF system (AC) new domestic pipework installation and new public health riser. All services installed with the old removed, whilst hotel still in operation. No down days for services change over.
Circa 300 men onsite daily (Monday to Sat).
Over 300 cubic tons of rubbish per month, with over 94% being recycled.
Photography by Marcus Peel.
“I can highly recommend County Contractors – honest, proactive, and non-contractual. They always work hard to hit your time-frames and are great at working on a live building…for us, very easy to work with.”
Sally Beck, General Manager
|Client:||Lancaster Landmark Hotel Company Ltd|
|Location:||London, Hyde Park|
|Scope:||411 guestrooms, bathrooms and 22 suites|
|Team:||CA: Ashleigh House Developments PM/QS: Cumming Europe Designers: Studio Proof MEP: Kontrax|
|Awards:||SBID International Design Awards 2018: Shortllsted|
Newsletter Stay in touch
Please sign up for our occasional news